Kids Room. Wednesday , September 19th , 2018
Quote from : Kids Room Storage Ideas
Before we discuss room storage ideas, let us consider some of the important factors to consider:
- Your budget: Yes, this is a significant factor. Your kids will be growing and their idea of storage spaces will also differ with the age. Hence, you need not spend huge amounts on creating storage units. It should be reasonable yet chic.
- What is to be stored: Analyze and note down what all items are to be stored. Any unused things, old and broken toys, old books, should be donated or discarded.
- Type of storage spaces: The next step is to analyze the type of storage spaces to be used for various kinds of items. Boxes, baskets, shelves, bed storage, etc.
- Getting kids’ involvement: If you child understands enough about his room, then get his opinions too. If not, you need to think from your child’ perspective and make the storage spaces bright, comfortable and chic.
- Optimize available space: You can use wall shelves and built-in storage for optimizing available space and make the room more spacious for playing purpose.
- Personalization: If you have more than one kid, you need to personalize it compulsorily. They need to feel a sense of belonging towards their things and be responsible for it.
- Vibrant and appealing: Dull, monotonous colors will make your child’s storage look unappealing. Decorate it wisely and not just create it and let them use. The kids should be proud of what they have in the storage as well as the storage unit itself.
A colorful toy box
This has always been an age-old concept but it really works. Kids learn how to put all the toys away in the box when not in use. However, a colored toy box will always add value to your kids’ bedroom and his mind. Not only the kids would be happy to own a lovely toy box, but also would learn to clear spaces in the bedroom. The available space can be later utilized for having a kids’ play time session or in crafts’ activities.